Livestock Mortality Insurance – Livestock Mortality
Livestock Mortality Insurance
Allen Financial Insurance Group & The Equestrian Group
Expertise in Livestock Mortality Insurance:
Equine & Equestrian Insurance:
The Equestrian Group is widely recognized for it’s global equestrian and bloodstock expertise, writing the largest geographically diverse equine portfolio. They cover a wide range of bloodstock risks, are specialist Equestrian underwriters, providing insurance solutions for clients worldwide.
Examples of the types of coverage offered are as follows:
Our worldwide underwriting appetite includes:
- Equestrian Program Business including Liability.
- High Valued Horses with a maximum line of $2,000,000
- Bloodstock Schedules
All Risks of Mortality:
This includes death or humane destruction as a result of an accident, sickness or disease. It excludes intentional and economic slaughter or slaughter by government order.
Restricted or Specified Perils:
This includes death or humane destruction as result of specific perils such as fire, explosion, weather perils and impact by vehicles or aircraft. It excludes intentional and economic slaughter or slaughter by government order.
This includes theft and death, humane destruction or willful castration as a result of theft or unlawful removal. Excludes mysterious disappearance or escape.
Extensions for Disease:
For diseases causing low mortality but high economic losses. For Example: Salmonella enteritidis or Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
For diseases notify able to the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) which require slaughter of infected animals or whole herds and flocks e.g. Foot and Mouth Disease, Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza.
For diseases whose economic impact results from government imposed restrictions on the movement of animals.
International or domestic by air, sea, road or rail.
- All risks of mortality
- Restricted perils (including death as a result of collision or over turning of the carrying vehicle)
- Total loss – in the event of a total loss of the carrying vessel.
- Quarantine – pre and post transit.
- Prohibition of export – in the event of border closure following a disease outbreak in the country of import/export.
- Rejection extension – to automatically extend the period of cover in the event a shipment is rejected due to border closure as a result of a disease outbreak in the country of import/export.
- Retest cover – in the event an animal fails a post import test for a specified disease.
As with any kind of insurance, premiums vary based on the value of the animals insured. Further considerations which may affect the pricing, terms and conditions of livestock insurance are:
Tailored Solutions for Specific Livestock Classes:
For specific Livestock classes we offer extensions to our Standard Cover.
Aquatics & exotics
Embryos & Semen
Alpacas, llamas and other camelids