Daycare Insurance – Child Care Insurance
Preschool Insurance – Child Care Insurance – and Daycare Insurance
(Because kids will be kids, and accidents happen.)
Contact us for a no obligation Daycare Insurance, Child Care Insurance and Preschool insurance quote today
From daycare centers to after school programs, AFIG’s child care insurance works for you!
What Is Daycare Insurance?
Daycare insurance is a specific type of business insurance that was designed to meet the unique needs of childcare businesses. It provides business owners with much-needed daycare liability insurance coverage as well as business property coverage. Many policies come with a set of coverage options that allow business owners to build an insurance policy that caters specifically to their daycare’s unique needs.
Finding the Right Daycare Insurance
Why did you take on the challenge of running your own daycare? Maybe you love the innocence of children. Perhaps you saw a need in your community and decided to fill it. You might be the type of person who is passionate about early childhood education and helping little ones fulfill their potential.
Whatever the reason that you went into the daycare business in the first place, you believed in yourself and your talents enough to start your own business. At AFIG, we’re here to give you the solid daycare business insurance you need so you can focus on the children in your care and helping your business thrive on your terms.
The daycare industry continues to grow these days as more and more families move to become two-income households. And whether it’s a modest in-home daycare or a mega-care center with a bunch of rooms and a fine motor skills gymnasium, it needs to be protected. Especially when it involves something as big as other people’s little ones — not to mention your livelihood, as well.
Who Needs Daycare Insurance?
Whether you operate your daycare business out of your home or a location far from it, you’ll really want to think long and hard about getting daycare insurance. In many cases, in fact, coverage is required.
Most states require a home daycare business to carry liability insurance in order to meet licensing requirements. Keep in mind, the coverage we offer is limited to small in-home child care businesses.
Do not expect that your home policy will cover you for bodily injury or property damage stemming from your home business.
Your insurer many even refuse to renew your policy if they discover that you have been running a business out of your home without home daycare insurance.
Childcare centers and nursery schools are required to carry daycare liability insurance in order to be licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and most states require licensure in order for a daycare business to legally operate.
In-home child care insurance
You need AFIG in-home daycare insurance to protect your children, your business assets, and your business.
Did you know your in-home daycare may NOT be covered by your homeowner’s policy?
Your typical homeowner’s policy (HO-3) only gives you liability coverage for your personal exposures, not your business (and in-home daycare is a business). That’s why you need commercial general liability coverage made just for your business – AFIG in-home child care insurance.
Whether you are caring for 1 child or 18, our in-home child care insurance can cover you for:
- General liability
- Abuse and molestation
Our in-home child care insurance is flexible and affordable.
The standard homeowner’s policy (HO-3) excludes liability coverage for family day care activities. So if your in-home child care business were to be sued, your personal assets like your home and savings could be at risk!
Commercial child care insurance
You don’t need insurance. You need day care center insurance.
Daycare Business Insurance Offers Liability Protection
We live in a quick-to-sue society. There are many instances that may arise where your daycare business may face a liability lawsuit. Even if the charges are dropped, the ensuing legal defense fees can be quite expensive. Liability insurance provides coverage for any court costs and legal fees associated with any covered event.
- General liability: This coverage is necessary for any business that welcomes the public onto its property. It provides coverage for property damage or injuries suffered by third-parties while they are on your property. This is particularly important when dealing with children, as they have a tendency to get injured easily. In most cases, the injuries will be minor, but if an injury is severe enough to require medical attention, your facility may be held liable for the expenses.
- Professional liability: This insurance covers your teachers and childcare workers. If your business is sued because a member of your staff has shown negligence to the children’s needs and safety, your business can be sued. Lawsuits can spring from mental, physical, or emotional abuse of the children.
- Commercial auto liability: This is required if your daycare business has company owned vehicles that are used to transport children to and from schools.
- Non-owned or for-hire auto liability: If you, or any of your workers, drive children in privately owned vehicles for field trips or other outings, your business can be held liable for injuries or property damage if the driver is in an accident. This coverage protects privately owned vehicles when they are being used for company business.
- Corporal punishment liability: If one of your employees strikes a child or is accused of administering corporal punishment, your business can be held liable. This insurance option provides financial protection if you face a claim.
- Abuse and molestation liability: If an employee of your daycare turns out to be sexually or otherwise abusive, your business can be liable for extremely expensive fines and medical payments. This insurance coverage will protect your business from severe financial losses.
- Umbrella liability protection: This coverage provides additional liability protection beyond the limits of your insurance policy’s liability limits. Larger daycare facilities may benefit from this added coverage.
Daycare Business Insurance Offers Property Insurance
Daycare business operations often invest a lot of capital into equipment to keep the children entertained during the day. A daycare insurance policy can provide you with compensation if your business property is lost or damaged. Coverage needs are slightly different for those that run their business in-home versus out.