Allen Financial Insurance Group & The Equestrian Group
Insurance for Restaurants & Taverns
By: Allen Financial Insurance
In today’s highly competitive business environment you need every advantage to succeed. That’s especially true when it comes to selecting your business insurance. Restaurants are unique and shouldn’t be insured like other businesses. In order to meet these specific needs, we have created a special restaurant package that broadens and increases coverage where restaurants need it most. Our goal is to provide more for the insurance dollar than any of our competitors.
Our Preferred Restaurant package program provides many forms of coverage that are not found in standard coverage forms. Additionally, the limits for many standard coverage parts have been increased substantially.
Owning and operating a restaurant is a lot of work. Restaurant businesses require a large initial investment and constant supervision. However, they also provide a great deal of income potential for the budding entrepreneur. If you are a restaurant owner, you have most likely devoted a lot of time and money to your business. You will want to make sure that it remains profitable by protecting it with a suitable restaurant insurance policy. With coverage’s tailored to meet the needs of restaurants of all types, we can help keep your business and reputation as impressive and creative as the food you serve.
Restaurant insurance costs vary significantly from one establishment to another. Your specific premiums will depend on factors such as the size of your business, the number of employees you have on staff, whether you serve both food and alcohol and whether your business includes catering services.
Restaurant Insurance Information
Bistros & Cafes
Buffet Style Restaurants
Drive In Restaurants
All The Coverage You Need in One Policy
Target Markets Include, but are not LIMITED to:
Fast Food Restaurants
Fine Dining Restaurants
Food Truck Vendors
Ice Cream Shops
Take Out Restaurants
- Restaurant with Wine Stock Endorsement
- Business Interruption – Actual loss sustained 12 months
- Food Spoilage or Contamination
- Outdoor Signs – attached and unattached: $7,500
- Credit Card – charges uncollectible as a result of an insured loss: $2,500
- Water Backup and Overflow – from sewers, drains or sumps: $5,000
- Business Income is extended to include Power Failure. A 24-hour deductible applies.
- Mechanical breakdown coverage
- Fine Arts
- Sign Coverage
- Coverage for computer equipment media, data programs and communications equipment
- Employee dishonesty and crime coverage.
- No nightclubs or 24 hour service
- The owner must have a minimum of three years management experience with profitable financials
- Ansul system, 24 hour re-charge & semi-annual inspection
- Hoods, ducts, grease filters and surface cooking equipment, including deep fat fryers, are protected by a UL listed automatic fire extinguishing system.
- he system includes automatic shutoff of fuel and heat sources to all equipment, including electrically heated deep fat fryers.
- The system has a manual pull, readily accessible.
- A separate high limit switch is installed on any deep fat fryer which may have been manufactured prior to 1979.
- For both tenants and building owners, where buildings are 50 years or older, the plumbing, heating, wiring, and roof must have been renewed in the past 20 years.
- There are no current cited violations of fire or life safety codes
- The business must have favorable loss experience.
- Expanded Fire Damage Coverage – extended to apply not only as a result of fire, but also explosion, release of smoke from an unfriendly fire, or sprinkler leakage incidents.
- Tenants’ Property Damage – coverage extends to premises you rent or temporarily occupy with permission of the owner.
- Garage Keepers Liability for Valet Parking
- Liberalization Clause – if the commercial general liability coverage form is broadened to provide additional coverage with no additional premium, and the effective date of the change is during your policy period, your policy will automatically provide this additional coverage on the effective date of the revision.
- Additional Insured By Written Contract, Agreement or Permit – additional insureds are automatically included if the requirement for this status is a written arrangement.
- Extended Coverage for Newly Acquired Organizations – coverage is afforded until the end of the policy period, regardless of whether this time exceeds 90 days.
- Advertising & Personal Injury
- Optional Coverage
- Liquor Liability – your business may be eligible for liquor liability coverage. May be written in conjunction with the bar/tavern/restaurant policy or on a mono-line basis. Assault & Battery is available. Availability varies by state.
- Boiler & Machinery
- Employee Benefit Liability – provides coverage for financial losses relating to private employee benefit programs due to administrators’ errors and omissions.
- Umbrella Coverage
- Workers Compensation