Service Insurance – Institutional Insurance
Allen Financial Insurance Group & The Equestrian Group
Institutional Insurance & Service Insurance
By: Allen Financial Insurance Group
What is Institutional Insurance?
Institutional insurance is a collection of insurance coverage’s organized and designed with institutional organizations in mind.
Who needs Institutional Insurance?
There are four primary groups eligible for the Institutional program. Over 100 classes such as clubs, associations, churches, synagogues, private and parochial schools grades K-9 and adoption agencies. Each subgroup is described as follows: (Also refer to complete classification listing.) There are many different types of public and private institutions which require specialized insurance coverage. Here are a few common types:
- Educational Institutions
- Financial Institutional
- Fraternal Organizations
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Religious Organizations
Business & Booster Clubs
Civic & Social Clubs – Including alcohol served on premises
Day Care Centers *
Family & Marriage Counseling **
Non-Profit Organizations NOC
Nursery & Pre- Schools *
Fraternal Association or Lodges
Art Galleries and Museums
Historical Societies & Sponsored Events
Sponsored Events – Alcohol Served
Art & Ceramics Schools
Auditoriums & Halls incidental to eligible risks
Beauty & Barber Schools
Business & Secretarial Schools
Computer & Technical Schools
Drama & Acting Schools
Mechanical Repair Schools (Not Auto or Aviation)
Parochial & Private Schools (K1-9)
Playgrounds and Ball Fields incidental to eligible schools.
Camps including boats, swimming & horseback riding
- Building and Structures – covers materials, equipment, supplies, additions, and new construction within 1,000 feet of premises.
- Appurtenant Structures included with building limit, 10% of building limit. Max $25,000.
- Business Income and Extra Expense – 12 months’ actual loss sustained; no waiting period; may be excluded for premium credit.
- Newly Acquired or Constructed Buildings – $500,000 with 180 days to report; no percentage limitation.
- Employee Dishonesty – $10,000, increasable up to $250,000 Optional, limits of $10,000 up to $125,000.
- EDP Equipment Coverage – a base level of protection is built into the policy and includes the option to increase the level or to schedule high value items.
- Glass Breakage – full coverage; limited coverage ($500 pane/$1,000 occurrence) available for premium credit; property deductible can be eliminated as an option.
- Outdoor Property – covers fences and walls up to $2,500, may be increased up to $250,000; signs up to $5,000, may be increased up to $100,000; trees, shrubs, plants, and lawns up to $10,000, $1,000 per item sub-limit.
- Back-up of Sewers and Drains – covered; may be excluded for premium credit.
- Tuition and Fees Coverage – “period of restoration” continues into the subsequent school term if your customer is unable to resume “operations” within 60 days or the beginning of the next school term; includes tuition, lab fees, bookstore s , athletic events, and research grants; automatically attaches to Private and Parochial schools grades K-9 and is optional for other schools.
- School Property Extension – for school accessories (musical instruments, band uniforms and equipment, theatrical property) $10,000 per occurrence, maximum $1,000 per item; includes free-standing glass showcases $5,000 per occurrence, maximum per showcase $2,500; money and securities $10,000 bonus inside the premises limit for annual or semester registration, musical, theatrical, or athletic events; automatically attaches to all educational institutions.
- School Liability Extension – Professional Liability Coverage for school nurses and emergency medical technicians; CGL limit: $300,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000 per occurrence; volunteer workers, parent support groups, and student groups are included as additional insureds; Worldwide Liability Coverage for sponsored trips/tours with at least 15 students; automatically attaches to all educational institutions.
(Existence of any of these operations at the Insured Location makes the entire location ineligible)
|Business Interruption Worksheet for Schools|
Directors and Officers – for damages resulting from “wrongful acts” and reimbursement of loss and claims expenses.
- Event Sponsorship
- Additional Insured’s – club members
- Public Auto – public automobiles including Social, Civic, Charitable Organization Autos, Buses, or Vans.
- Abuse or Molestation Liability Coverage – for negligence in employing, investigating , retaining, and supervising “employees” or volunteer workers, per claim/aggregate limits:
- sub-limits only and defense included in liability limits.
- Counseling Professional Liability Coverage – for damages arising out of a counseling incident resulting from marriage or family therapy, child placement, vocational counseling, educational or learning disability therapy, per claim/aggregate limits same as CGL occurrence limit.
- Bailees Coverage
- Boiler & Machinery
Institutional Building owners (lessor risk) may be covered under this program when a minimum of 70% of the building area is occupied by one or more Precision-eligible institutional tenants.
Up to $15,000,000 combined building and personal property values.
Up to $15,000,000 receipts per location.
A per policy minimum of $500 for Business Personal Property is required.
* A minimum of three year in business is required with five years and accreditation preferred. The organization must be currently licensed by the state to operate continuously throughout the year. The facility must not be located in a private home even if separate space has been allotted to the operation. The facility must be in a stand-alone building or operated as part of a church or school. Physically or emotionally handicapped children must be limited to no more than 10% of the total enrollment. Ineligible risks include centers that provide transportation of children to and from home, centers for the elderly, summer camps for children, centers with swimming pools, trampolines, horseback riding on premises or centers with deep fat frying.
** Establishments engaged in providing a range of family counseling services on an outpatient basis and staffed by licensed counselors. Ineligible risks include drug or alcohol rehabilitation centers, centers providing overnight facilities or medical facilities. Abuse or Molestation Exclusion is attached unless buy back option is selected. Counseling Professional Liability is separately rated. Umbrella will not follow form. Marshal arts, judo, karate schools are ineligible for coverage.